The Case of Hana and Alice
When Alice transfers to a new middle school, she hears an urban legend about a student who disappeared the previous year and is suspected to have been killed by his fellow students. Even worse, Alice discovers that she lives next door to his former house, a supposedly haunted home now occupied by a reclusive classmate named Hana.
Hana and Alice decide to investigate this “murder case” together, but soon find their lack of detective skills may be an obstacle. This unusual and charming film from famed writer-director Shunji Iwai, in which a shaggy-dog mystery tale ultimately gives way to a wonderfully nuanced story of young female friendship, and the fantasies and thrills of everyday teenage life.
Slipcovers are not guaranteed with every order and are available on a first-run basis.
- Interview with Voice Actors Yu Aoi and Anne Suzuki
- Film Completion Press Conference
- Film Premiere Stage Greeting
- Interview with Director Shunji Iwai
- Message from Animator Makoto Shinkai
- Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots